Even before the COVID-19 pandemic began, the field of nursing was booming, with the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics anticipating growth through 2028 of 12% for Registered Nurses, 26% for Nurse Practitioners, 9% for Licensed Practical Nurses, and 8% for Certified Nursing Assistants—all much faster than the average growth expected for all occupations. Add in the need created by the coronavirus, and it’s no wonder nursing jobs are some of the most in-demand in the country.
Where is demand the greatest, though?
Here are the top five states with the most job openings for Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants according to data from our jobs website.
- Texas — Search 5,720 Available Jobs
- California — Search 4,067 Available Jobs
- Florida — Search 3,380 Available Jobs
- Oklahoma — Search 3,051 Available Jobs
- Pennsylvania — Search 2,798 Available Jobs
- California — Search 481 Available Jobs
- New York — Search 400 Available Jobs
- Pennsylvania — Search 264 Available Jobs
- Washington — Search 227 Available Jobs
- Texas — Search 197 Available Jobs
Licensed Practical Nurses
- Pennsylvania — Search 2,997 Available Jobs
- New York — Search 1,029 Available Jobs
- Florida — Search 917 Available Jobs
- Illinois — Search 886 Available Jobs
- Massachusetts — Search 868 Available Jobs
Certified Nursing Assistants
- Pennsylvania — Search 5,191 Available Jobs
- New Jersey — Search 2,314 Available Jobs
- New York — Search 1,738 Available Jobs
- North Carolina — Search 1,729 Available Jobs
- Massachusetts — Search 1,721 Available Jobs
Disclaimer: The viewpoint expressed in this article is the opinion of the author and is not necessarily the viewpoint of the owners or employees at Healthcare Staffing Innovations, LLC.